Awareness of workplace competitors is essential in today’s highly competitive and rapidly changing work environment.
These individuals or groups within an organization compete for the same opportunities, resources, and recognition.
\Whether it’s a promotion, a high-profile project, or simply recognition from management, workplace competitors are constantly vying for an advantage over their colleagues.
While competition can be healthy and drive individuals to perform at their best, it can also lead to tension, resentment, and even sabotage if not managed properly.
Therefore, understanding how to navigate workplace competition is crucial for anyone looking to succeed in their career.
Workplace By Facebook
Year Founded: 2018
Headquarters: Menlo Park, California
CEO: Ryan Rodenbeck
- The Workplace has a mobile app.
- The workplace can be integrated with Microsoft Office 365.
- Workplace allows users to create and join groups.
- Workplace allows users to customize their feeds.
The starting price per person every month is $4.
Pros and Cons of Workplace
|Workplace by Facebook promotes diversity.||Except for the browser’s desktop back button, there is no back.|
|Employee feedback is designed to focus on individuals.||Every time has to click the home button (W) to go back.|
|Employee opinions can be measured by running polls.||There might not be as many customization choices in Workplace by Facebook.|
Best Workplace Competitors That Are Setting the Standard
Year Founded: 2008
Headquarters: San Francisco, United States
CEO: David Oliver Sacks
Yammer is a real tool for project collaboration. It is mostly used for housing within institutions and linkages between other organizations.
Additionally, Yammer has been incorporated into all Microsoft 365 business plans.
Yammer has more sophisticated security features than Workplace By Facebook, such as data encrypting and data loss prevention; thus, certain enterprises would prefer it.
More customization options are available with Yammer, including branding the software with a company’s name and colors.
- Users may create and take part in group chats using Yammer.
- Users can share files and documents within Yammer
- Yammer allows users to find conversations easily.
- Yammer has a mobile app.
Prices range from INR 214.94 to INR 1719.50 per month.
Pros and Cons of Yammer
|All Microsoft 365 business agreements now include Yammer.||Not as robust.|
|Yammer creates a common platform for employees to connect.||Yammer has a limited amount of file storage space.|
|Users can join Yammer networks only if they have active email addresses.||Some users could feel that Yammer is missing some functionality.|
Sap Jam Collaboration
Year Founded: 1972
CEO: Bill Mc Dermott
For a complete organizer, SAP Jam Collaboration contains built-in tools like forums, wikis, & task assignments. Software from SAP, including SAP ERP and SAP HANA, is strongly linked with SAP Jam Collaboration.
The integration of SAP Jam Collaboration with other SAP products, including SAP Ariba, SAP SuccessFactors, and SAP Fieldglass, is simple.
Organizations that currently utilize SAP products and wish to simplify their collaboration efforts may find this to be extremely helpful.
This is a benefit compared to Workplace by Facebook.
- SAP Jam Collaboration allows users to customize the look.
- It enables users to simplify and automate corporate procedures.
- It has attributes including activity logging, access limits, and data encryption.
- It can be integrated with other SAP products.
The cost of SAP Jam Collaboration may be obtained upon request.
Pros and Cons of SAP Jam Collaboration
|Managing members with the communities is easy in this.||Not having a standard notification system.|
|You can even use it with right-to-left language support.||SAP Jam Collaboration is a subscription-based service.|
|It can be integrated with services like Skype and SharePoint.||It is a platform with many features, which makes it potentially difficult to use.|
Year Founded: 2014
Headquarters: Silicon Valley, West Coast Founded
CEO: Dhiraj Sharma
Simpplr offers a straightforward interface that is easy to use. Your teammates may post updates on their programs and initiatives using it as a digital newsroom.
Simpplr was created with the user experience in mind and is meant to be simple to use and explore.
Compared to Workplace by Facebook, Simpplr offers greater customization options, including the opportunity to brand the system with a group’s logo and colors and modify the user experience to suit that organization’s particular requirements.
- Simpplr includes an intranet that allows users to share files.
- Users may look up and connect to their coworkers using Simpplr.
- Our innovative, adaptive solutions are used by businesses to provide individualized experiences.
- Simpplr has a mobile app.
$8 a month is the pricing information.
Pros and Cons of Simpplr
|Simpplr enables users to flourish.||Some customization is not flexible.|
|The top platform for enhancing employee experiences with AI is called Simpplr.||Video calling directly via Simpplr would be awesome.|
|Great ‘Apps’ section where you can add links.||Simpplr is a subscription-based service.|
Year Founded: 2021
Headquarters: New Zealand
CEO: Satya Narayana Nadella
A collaboration tool called Microsoft Sharepoint that works with Microsoft Office gives a lot more storage capacity, making it a better choice for groups or businesses that frequently need to store and retrieve big files.
More customization options are available with Microsoft SharePoint over Workplace by Facebook, including the capability to brand the system with an organization’s symbol and colors and modify the user experience to suit the organization’s unique demands.
- SharePoint allows users to share documents within the platform.
- SharePoint includes team sites that allow users to share files.
- Wikis, blogging, and forums are just a few of the features available in SharePoint.
- Users of SharePoint may change the way their sites appear and feel.
Medium Businesses typically range from $5 to $25.
Pros and Cons of Microsoft Sharepoint
|Integration of Microsoft SharePoint with the other Microsoft Office 365 components is simple.||Setting up a workspace in SharePoint can be complex.|
|It also includes features such as version control.||It needs to integrate several cloud-based platforms.|
|It provides more storage.||SharePoint can be more expensive.|
Year Founded: 2009
Headquarters: Briitish Columbia
CEO: Brad Palmer
Jostle is a social networking and cloud-based collaboration tool for organizations that lets users spread the word. Jostle provides greater customization possibilities so companies can adapt the system to their requirements.
While Workplace by Facebook lacks this capability, Jostle can be readily linked with other products and platforms, including CRM, HRIS, and single sign-on platforms.
For businesses looking to simplify their cooperation efforts, this is extremely helpful.
- Jostle has a mobile app.
- Using Jostle, employees may share information with specific individuals.
- The “shout-out” feature enables people to acknowledge achievements.
- To ensure that users are making the most of the platform, Jostle offers support.
The cost of Jostle depends on the package you select.
Pros and Cons of Jostle
|Offer all elements that can be crucial for a business.||Jostle is a subscription-based service.|
|The functionalities of Jostle’s designing digital are well-balanced.||There may be a need for continuing maintenance and specific integration work.|
|Staff can discuss their project.||This may require custom integration work and ongoing maintenance.|
With the help of the collaboration platform ThoughtFarmer, companies can share information and encourage more staff engagement.
Thought Farmer was created with the user experience in mind and is meant to be simple to have and navigate.
Over Workplace by Facebook, ThoughtFarmer provides strong security features, including information ensuring confidentiality loss prevention.
This may be crucial for firms that must safeguard secret or sensitive data.
Year Founded: 2006
Headquarters: Vancouver, Canada
CEO: Paul Farmer
- ThoughtFarmer has a mobile app.
- Microsoft Office 365 and additional technologies, such as ThoughtFarmer, can be combined.
- ThoughtFarmer has safeguards in place to ensure the confidentiality of user data.
- Staff employees can create and share video messages using the system’s communication features.
The price range is $4 to $7 monthly.
Pros and Cons of Thought Farmer
|This database will be simple to utilize due to its structure.||Difficult to adopt.|
|The features are appropriate.||Staff members cannot do daily information searches for their duties.|
|To assist users in making the most of the platform, ThoughtFarmer offers support.||Not free.|
Year Founded: 2016
Headquarters: San Francisco, California
CEO: John Katzman
A platform for communication and cooperation created exclusively for businesses is called Noodle. The application is user-friendly and simple to use.
Use a single sign-on to combine it with other applications and host blogs that your whole enterprise can read.
While Workplace by Facebook does not, Noodle is a singular partnership of company leaders, process specialists, and artificial intelligence technology providing cutting-edge business solutions in Industrial Artificial Intelligence.
- A special partnership between artificial intelligence technology and business professionals.
- Enterprise artificial intelligence cutting-edge business solutions are available from Noodle.
- The business uses solutions to address challenging business issues.
- It drives dramatic improvements.
Visit the website for additional information about costs.
Pros and Cons of Noodle
|Noodle has a cloud-based system.||Sometimes the formatting is lost.|
|They have also integrated a Single Sign.||It is a subscription-based service.|
|Noodle incorporates outside programs as well.||Some of its tools are challenging.|
Year Founded: 2011
Headquarters: Corte Madera, California
CEO: Michael D. Farkas
With the use of one-click responses, polls, and votes, Blink Feed, an employee task inbox, enables managers and staff to submit and retrieve information about various tasks, start dialogues, and create feedback loops.
The advantages of Blink over Workplace by Facebook include its rapid updates, decent user interface, and ability to combine with various third-party apps.
- Hear and respond to stories on the company Feed.
- Through single sign-on, external apps are available inside Blink.
- Utilize rich data to learn more about what motivates your employees.
- Customize to fit your tech stack enterprise integrations.
The cost of Blink is in the $35 to $100 range.
Pros and Cons of Blink
|Easy-to-use app that allows good interaction.||An integrated calendar from email could be better.|
|It updates quickly.||It is pricey.|
|It integrates with various third-party applications.||Not available for free.|
Year Founded: 2001
CEO: Tony Zingale
The platform’s most important feature is the PeopleGraph, developed by Jive Interactive, which uses artificial intelligence to analyze your team’s strengths and weaknesses.
Jive Interactive is simple to use since it interfaces with so many other technologies.
Compared to Workplace by Facebook, Jive Interactive offers additional customization options, including the opportunity to brand its platform with just an organization’s logo & colors and alter the user experience to suit that organization’s particular requirements.
- Jive-n is a collaboration and communication platform for enterprises.
- Social forums, customer support portals, and analytics are among the services offered by Jive-x.
- Jive Voice is a cloud-based phone system for enterprises.
- Chat, messaging, including social media integration, are just a few of the capabilities available in Jive Engage.
The price range is $5 to $25 monthly.
Pros and Cons of Jive Interactive
|Sharing from CEO to staff members is easy in Jive Interactive.||Jive Interactive is a subscription-based service.|
|It has safe internal features.||Adoption is not easy.|
|Jive Interactive may be used to control difficult file sharing, discussions, and projects.||More assistance may be provided to onboard and engage users.|
Year Founded: 2008
Headquarters: San Diego
CEO: Adam Ilowite
Axero is a well-known intranet platform that fosters collaboration and promotes corporate growth.
Axero’s cutting-edge employee engagement, teamwork, and document management solutions are used by hundreds of companies worldwide.
Compared to Workplace by Facebook, Axero offers more sophisticated security capabilities, such as data encrypting and data loss prevention. This may be crucial for firms that must safeguard secret or sensitive information.
- Axero increases their productivity.
- This is a customer engagement platform.
- This platform for customer service has elements like ticketing.
- This is a customer engagement platform.
Axero Business costs $2,000 per month.
Pros and Cons of Axero
|Communifire allows people to connect easily.||Adaptation is difficult.|
|It works similarly to other social media platforms.||It has limited integration with external tools.|
|Has easy-to-use features and flexible customizing.||There may be a greater team/space connection with the calendar.|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the benefit of Facebook Workplace?
The workplace enables organizations to communicate, share knowledge, and collaborate.
Is it possible to access the Workplace without Facebook?
No, a personal Facebook account is unnecessary to sign up for Workplace.
Is Facebook Workplace a place to advertise?
Ans: If you are a B2B item or service supplier, workplace targeting might be a very useful tool for you.
Is Facebook providing a cheat sheet for the workplace?
TechRepublic offers The Workplace via Facebook cheat sheet as a primer for this business social media network.
Some competitors to Workplace by Facebook include greater customization options, including the ability to trademark the platform with just an organization’s logo & colors and modify the user experience to suit the organization’s particular requirements.
- Top 10 Yammer Alternatives for Streamlined Team Communication
- 10 Best Sharepoint Alternatives and Competitors
- Top 10 Google Workspace Alternatives for Streamlined Collaboration & Efficiency
- Top 10 Skype Alternatives for Unbeatable Video Chat Experience
- Top 10 Best Jamboard Alternatives Next-Level Collaboration Tools!
“Business, marketing, and Branding – these three words describe me the best. I am the founder of Burban Branding and Media, and a self-taught marketer with 10 years of experience. My passion lies in helping startups enhance their business through marketing, Branding, leadership, and finance. I am on a mission to assist businesses in achieving their goals.”