Stripe is a popular online payment processing platform that has become a go-to solution for businesses of all sizes. ?
However, there are various reasons why someone might be looking for a Stripe alternative. Perhaps they need a different pricing structure or specific features that Stripe doesn’t offer, or they want to explore other options to compare and find the best fit for their business.
This article will discuss some of the top Stripe alternatives available in the market, their features, pricing, and how they compare to Stripe to help you make an informed decision.?
Year Founded: 2010
Headquarters San Francisco, California
CEO: Patrick Collison
Pros and cons of Stripe
|Simple to put up and operate||Few alternatives for client service.|
|wide variety of features and payment choices.||No opportunity to take payments in cash.|
- With the ability to take all major debit and credit cards, as well as Apple Pay and other digital wallets, Stripe provides companies with a complete platform to accept payments online.?
- Customers may make payments using a simple interface provided by Stripe, which also offers real-time data and insights.
- With features like two-factor authentication and card data encryption, Stripe provides high-tech fraud protection and security.
- Numerous payment methods are available through Stripe, including regular billing, invoicing, and connectivity with external services.?
Pay-as-you-go pricing is available via Stripe with no catches or long-term obligations. For successful card charges, Stripe’s regular processing fee is 2.9% + 30, and there are no additional costs for registration, reports, withdrawals, or cancellation.
Top 10 Stripe Alternatives
- Amazon Payments
Best Stripe Alternatives & Competitors
Year Founded: 2009
Headquarters: San Francisco, California.
CEO: Jack Dorsey
Mobile payments and banking services provider Square. It provides various services, including financing, cash advances, company point-of-sale solutions, and other financial services. ?
The Square Reader, a tiny gadget that connects to a smartphone or tablet and enables companies to take credit and debit card payments, is the product that Square is most known for.
Square provides a wide range of services, including processing payments, billing, employee management, analytics, processing for digital wallets, and more. Additionally, Square complies with PCI security requirements and has sophisticated fraud prevention and security capabilities.
Compared to Stripe, Square is more economical since it provides a choice of price options and discounts for businesses.?
Pros and cons of Square
|Square provides affordable transaction costs, and doesn’t charge a monthly fee.||Some functionalities are restricted to particular businesses.|
|It is simple to sign up and use.||Certain businesses cannot use certain functionalities of Square.|
- Square offers an easy setup procedure that doesn’t call for technological expertise. You require a credit card, an email address, and other information bits.
- To make your payments safe, Square employs economy encryption and fraud prevention.
- You can use your tablet or mobile device to collect payments anywhere with Square.
- Square levies a fixed cost of 2.75 percent for all credit card payments and a fee of 1.5 percent for bank transfers.
Square’s payment processing services cost based on the card used during the transaction. For instance, swiped credit and debit card transactions cost 2.6% + 10, whereas typed credit and debit card transactions cost 3.5% + 15.
For qualified high-volume retailers, Square also provides customized pricing options.
Year Founded: 1998
Headquarters: Dan Schulman
CEO: San Jose, California.
With the help of the online payment system PayPal, both individuals and companies may safely send and receive money online. ?
You may use PayPal to buy things using a bank card, bank details, PayPal balance, and other payment methods.
Additionally, you may transfer money to family and friends and get money back from them.
PayPal includes several measures to safeguard your money and secure you from fraud.
In terms of customer support, PayPal is more reliable than Stripe. In addition, PayPal has more users and is used more frequently than Stripe. ?
PayPal also charges less and provides more sophisticated fraud prevention. Finally, PayPal offers more options and features than Stripe and is easier to use.
Pros and cons of Paypal
|A PayPal account may be created quickly and easily. You only need a bank account, credit card, and email address.||PayPal’s usefulness is restricted since it can just be used during online purchases.|
|To safeguard your transactions, it employs the most recent encryption methods and has a professional fraud team.||The money that is being sent to your bank via PayPal can be temporarily held there. If you urgently want access to the funds, this may be inconvenient.|
- The sophisticated security procedures used by PayPal shield users against fraud and unlawful transactions.
- Customers can access payment methods through PayPal, such as bank cards, debit cards, cash deposits, and balances.?
- With over 200 nations accessing PayPal, users may receive and send payments anywhere globally.
- Due to its reasonable transaction costs, PayPal is a popular choice for small enterprises.
A merchant account from PayPal is available at a fixed charge of 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction or a customizable rate based on the company’s monthly sales volume.
Although opening a Personal account with PayPal is free, there are costs associated with accepting payments from friends and family.
Year Founded: 2007
Headquarters: Seattle, Washington.
CEO: Patrick Gauthier.
Amazon Payment is Amazon’s online payment mechanism. Customers can use various payment options, such as credit cards, debit cards, PayPal, and Amazon Pay, to pay for their purchases.?
Customers may make safe online payments using Amazon Payment without having to enter their credit card information repeatedly.
Due to its integration with Amazon’s cutting-edge fraud prevention and detection technologies, Amazon Payments offers consumers a more safe checkout experience.
Customers may use their current Amazon login information to make purchases, as Amazon Payments is integrated with their existing Amazon customer accounts. ?
Customers may easily and quickly finish their purchases using Amazon Payments, by improved checkout procedure.
Pros and cons of Amazon Payments
|Many online shops use Amazon Pay, which is simple to use.||Small companies may find Amazon Pay to be too expensive since it charges retailers a tax for each transaction.|
|Customers may use it to store their financial details and complete online transactions safely.||Some online shops might not accept Amazon Pay.|
- Amazon Pay enables customers to use their Amazon user credentials to charge for their orders.
- Customers may easily complete the checkout process by storing payment details, such as credit card details, in their Amazon accounts.
- Amazon Pay and Amazon’s marketplace are connected, making it simple for businesses to offer their goods and services to Amazon’s sizable client base.?
- Customers may trust that their transaction data is safe since Amazon Pay complies with PCI standards.
Pricing info: ?
Each transaction using Amazon Payments costs money. The cost varies according to the form of payment and the nation where the transaction is made.
For instance, in the U. S., the cost for credit card transactions is 2.9% + $0.30, while for ACH transfers, it is 1.9% + $0.30. Other nations could charge a different amount.
Year Founded: 2007
Headquarters: Bill Ready
CEO: Chicago, Illinois, USA
BrainTree is an online payment platform that allows businesses to take funds and process transactions quickly and safely. ?
Braintree offers a full range of payment options, such as phone, point-of-sale, and payment processing.
The payment options offered by Braintree are intended to boost client happiness while assisting companies in generating the most profit.
More payment options are available with Braintree, including recurring payments and international payments. ?
Pros and cons of Braintree
|Braintree has an easy-to-use interface, payment gateway forms, and several tools to help you get started.||Customer service for Braintree is limited and could be challenging to contact.|
|Encryption process and fraud prevention are just a couple of the levels of security that Braintree offers. It is PCI Level 1 certified.||Some well-liked alternative payment options, as well as payments made using all major credit cards, are not supported by Braintree.|
- Braintree offers secure credit card processing, security, and parsing of consumer data and is completely PCI compliant.
- Customers may use different payment methods to use Braintree, like debit cards, credit cards, Apple Pay, Paypal, Venmo, and Google Pay.
- Braintree’s platform has fraud prevention technologies to shield businesses from fraudulent transactions.?
- Each company’s demands may be met with Braintree’s varied price choices.
Braintree offers various pricing options for companies with various needs and sizes.
For their basic plan, the cost starts at 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction and goes all the way up to 2.2% + $0.30 for their enterprise plan. Extra services like fraud prevention and regular billing are offered for a price.
Year Founded: 1989
Headquarters: Atlanta, Georgia.
CEO: Charles Drucker
Worldpay is a multinational supplier of payments, handling millions of transactions daily and providing first-rate banking services in 146 nations. ?
It is a payment sector pioneer and offers merchant services to companies of all kinds, from microbusinesses to multinational organizations.
From electronic payments and Internet transactions to contactless banking and digital wallets, Worldpay provides a wide variety of payment options.
WorldPay employs the 3D Secure protocol that ups security by requesting identity verification from the cardholder. ?
Enhanced fraud detection, chargeback protection, and other features are all part of the WordPay fraud prevention package. WorldPay provides more thorough analytics and reporting.
Pros and cons of Worldpay
|Worldpay offers merchants a safe and dependable option to take payments since it is a reputable and trusted payment processor.||Because Worldpay costs more than most of its rivals, it is less affordable for smaller retailers.|
|Worldpay provides a variety of payment methods, enabling businesses to conduct transactions from almost any nation.||There aren’t many ways to contact Worldpay’s customer care.|
- Customers worldwide have access to a wide variety of payment alternatives by Worldpay, enabling them to receive funds from almost any nation.
- To help businesses avoid fraudulent transactions, Worldpay offers a range of fraud prevention technologies.?
- Credit cards, debit cards, ACH, and other payment options are just a few of the ones that Worldpay accepts.
- Worldpay provides a simple interface with current merchant systems, enabling businesses to receive payments immediately.
They often impose a set fee on top of a percentage of each transaction. For instance, the cost of each transaction for their credit card handling services is 2.9% + $0.30.
Additionally, they provide merchant services with various features like payment gateways, fraud prevention, and more.
Depending on the nature and size of your firm, the price for such services is often a monthly subscription.
Headquarters: Des Moines, Iowa, United States
CEO: Brian Brocious
Dwolla is an online payment network that enables customers to transfer funds across bank accounts. ??
Users may transfer money directly from their bank account to the bank account of any other person using Dwolla, which allows both regular bank transfers and ACH transactions.
Debit cards are also supported, enabling customers to make purchases without using their bank accounts by using their debit cards.
Businesses may quickly pay their taxes with Dwolla’s integrated platform for automatic tax payments, eliminating the need for human entry. ?
Since Dwolla handles payments in real-time, clients may get access to their money immediately.
Dwolla provides specialized solutions that let companies modify their payment frameworks to suit their unique requirements better.
Pros and cons of Dwolla
|Comparing Dwolla to other payment processing providers, the costs are far cheaper.||Only a few countries, including the United States, offer Dwolla.|
|One of the quickest payment methods is Dwolla, which can execute payments in as little as one minute.||Dwolla does not provide additional services like accounting or invoicing and provides the most basic payment processing services.|
- Your data is safe and secure with Dwolla, thanks to bank-level security.
- With Dwolla, you may send money instantly without delay.
- It is simple to incorporate Dwolla into your current business operations because of its API and integration tools.
- Debit cards, ACH transfers, and other payment options are all supported by Dwolla.
The price for utilizing Dwolla’s services varies depending on the transaction you’re conducting and how much cash you’re sending.
For instance, sending up to $10 costs $0.25; sending up to $500 is $0.50. The fee is 0.5% of the total for payments exceeding $500. Dwolla additionally levies a $3 flat fee for every ACH transaction.
Year Founded: 2015
Headquarters: San Francisco, California
CEO: Will Huang.
A payment technology startup, Adyen, offers businesses a uniform platform for taking client payments online, offline, and via mobile devices. ?
Among Adyen’s clients are Airbnb, Dropbox, Netflix, Spotify, Uber, and Vodafone.
Various payment options are available through Adyen, including credit cards, debit cards, digital wallets, and alternative payment options like Alipay.
Ayden provides more powerful features, including multi-currency compatibility, sophisticated fraud detection, and thorough reporting tools.
Ayden offers more thorough assistance for retailers and improved customer service. ?
Ayden offers superior customer support, a more user-friendly UI, and more connections with well-known payment providers.
Pros and cons of Adyen
|Ayden offers a safe and practical method for handling your money. The business offers round-the-clock customer support; all payments and transactions are encrypted.||The services provided by Ayden are restricted, and the business does not provide lending or investment services.|
|Ayden offers digital banking services as well as quick and simple payment processing.||Only specific nations can access Ayden’s services.|
- Thanks to Ayden’s payment processing services, merchants may take payments online and in person.
- Digital banking services are offered by Ayden, including checking and savings accounts, debit cards, and services for money transfers.
- Ayden offers various financial advising services, such as retirement planning, investment guidance, and budgeting.
For each executed transaction, Ayden levies a fee of 2.9% plus 30 cents. Ayden further provides non-profits, educational organizations, and bigger corporations with special pricing and discounts.
Year Founded: 2009
Headquarters: Philadelphia, PA.
CEO: Darrell Esch
Venmo is a digital payment service that allows users to send money to one another through the use of a mobile phone app. Both business-to-business and person-to-person payments are possible with Venmo. ?
Due to its simplicity of use and social elements, such as the option to divide payments and write comments on transactions, it has grown in popularity.
Since Venmo is quick and simple to use, it is preferable to Stripe for peer-to-peer payments.
With Venmo, users may instantly transfer funds from one user’s bank account or debit/credit card to another user’s bank account or debit/credit card. ?
Additionally, Venmo has a social aspect that enables users to exchange money with family and friends. Venmo is a more economical payment solution since its fees are frequently lower than Stripes.
Pros and cons of Venmo
|Utilizing Venmo is quick and simple. It is an excellent method for sending money fast and securely.||When compared to other payment options like PayPal, Venmo does not provide many features.|
|Your data and money are protected by bank-level security when using Venmo.||The customer care team at Venmo is occasionally unreliable and takes a while to reply to messages.|
- Users of Venmo may instantaneously send and receive money between friends, family, and companies. A connected bank account, debit card, or credit card can be used to send money.
- Bank-level security provided by Venmo protects your account. All information is encoded and kept on a secure server.
- Venmo maintains track of all transactions and payments, making it simple for consumers to manage their money.
- With the help of Venmo’s integration with social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, users may transfer money to their pals.
For every credit card payment processed through Venmo, a 3% fee is applied. Payments made from a connected bank account or a Venmo balance are exempt from the charge.
There are no costs associated with transferring money from Venmo to a bank account, but it may take up to three business days to show up there. Instant transfers to a connected debit card are also subject to a 1% fee by Venmo.
?Considering each platform’s prices, features, and customer support is crucial while looking at Stripe alternatives.
⭐Also, consider how simple it will be to integrate with any current systems you may have. Making an informed selection requires doing your homework before committing to a platform.?
FAQs for Stripe Alternatives
What exactly is Stripe?
Businesses may take payments online using the software platform Stripe. It offers businesses of all sizes a safe, user-friendly payment processing solution.
What forms of payment does Stripe take, second?
Apple Pay, Google Pay, and WeChat Pay are just a few of the debit and credit cards that Stripe accepts.
Does Stripe levy any charges?
Ans – Yes, each transaction on Stripe is subject to a fee. 2.9% plus 30 cents are the cost for each transaction.
What sort of customer service does Stripe provide?
Ans – By phone, live chat, and email, Stripe provides customer assistance around-the-clock. To assist consumers in getting the most out of their Stripe experience, they also provide comprehensive documentation and tutorials.
Keep Exploring. Don’t Miss Out The Following ? Articles
- How To Set Payment Methods For Your Shopify Store?
- 100+ Venmo Captions for Your Instagram Posts
- Business Card Marketing 101: Beginner’s Guide For Small Businesses
- 165+ Best Collection Email Subject Lines (Examples)
- Decoding Amazon Marketing Strategy For Market Dominance
“Business, marketing, and Branding – these three words describe me the best. I am the founder of Burban Branding and Media, and a self-taught marketer with 10 years of experience. My passion lies in helping startups enhance their business through marketing, Branding, leadership, and finance. I am on a mission to assist businesses in achieving their goals.”