Email marketing is one of the most effective ways that help your business to reach the targeted audience, along with developing a meaningful relationship.
Mailchimp dominated the email marketing tool for a while, but it has its own drawbacks, which led to other options to raise.
Omni Send expanded its email marketing channel, focusing on eCommerce features. To choose which one is for you, here is a comparison guide to help.
What To Know About Omnisend And Mailchimp?
Before you jump to know more about both email marketing service providers, it’s important to know about Omnisend and Mailchimp briefly.
Especially if you are considering this for the first time, this might help.
Omnisend In Nutshell
Omnisend was previously known as Soundest, and it was launched in 2014.
They offer services related to email marketing alongside tools that are advanced, including marketing automation, segmentation, SMS marketing, and form builder.
This one is aimed at different-sized eCommerce businesses that want to use a series of marketing tools for their platform.
Here you are going to require a link that connects to an eCommerce platform for using the features, which means omnisend is not ideal for setting up the newsletter or mailing list.
Mailchimp In Nutshell
Mailchimp is one of the popular email marketing services; it was launched in 2001. It has features including segmentation, CRM, tagging, digital ads, behavioral marketing, postcard ads, etc.
Mailchimp aims to be an individual to the big business, basically anyone who wants to reach out to a targeted audience for advertising the services.
What Are The Differences Between Features Of Omnisend And Mailchimp?
Omnisend and Mailchimp offer a set of features that have differences on their own.
And to know more about it, here are some of the points that you can get.
Omnisend Vs. Mailchimp: Email Campaigns
If you are choosing Omnisend, here to send an email campaign, here, you need to verify the sender’s email address.
Once you get it done, you can create the marketing campaign, not just you can choose between the themed and standard templates.
You can also preview what you choose and select depending on what you prefer.
The editor is also easy to use; you just have to click on the section which is on the left and adjust it,
You can also do the split test of the emails; this allows you to measure which email performs the best.
You can connect the account to your eCommerce store.
Looking for more options? Read our Omnisend Review (2022): Features, Pricing, Pros, And Cons.
There are different temples that are plain, and you can use them for Mailchimp. Not just that, you can either pick one of their themes that you get pre-made.
As compared to omnisend, they have more options here but sending them has a bit extra modern and stylish touch than Mailchimp.
- Here you can add new content to emails, including a selection of code, text, videos, share buttons, dividers, image groups, images, etc.
- Also, you can click on the block to edit, and it’s easy as well as simple to do.
- Once you are done with creating an email, you can preview it to see how it will look.
- Also, you can choose the segments that your clients love and schedule them for late or send them right away.
- Here you also get the links to campaigns that you can share on social media.
- They offer split test emails that help in tracking performance.
Looking for more options? Read our Mailchimp Review (2022): Features, Pricing, Pros, And Cons.
Omnisend Vs. Mailchimp: SMS Campaign
SMS campaigns require connecting with the eCommerce store if you are choosing the omnisend.
The text messaging is detailed and also linked with the marketing automation features.
For example, you can have text messages that have the cart’s abdomen text reminding the customers to do the purchase that they left, also sales text, and order and shipping confirmation text as well.
You can send the birthday text to your subscribers; these messages are premade, which saves time and hassle to send whenever it’s needed
Well, Mailchimp doesn’t offer you an SMS campaign on their platform, and for this, you might have to use Simpletexting integration in order to incorporate SMS into marketing campaigns.
But here you get the postcard ads and digital ads.
- With the postcard ads, you can use it to attract new customers; even though it’s a bit old style but still works.
- Mailchimp address finder can help you in finding the contacts that exist.
- Apart from this, you get the look-alike finder which is another useful tool; this targets the people for whom you are not a customer yet, but have similar interests to your existing contacts.
- Here you get options like one-off campaigns, abandoned cart campaigns, and recurring campaigns.
- Apart from this, you can create digital ads, and this can be related to Google remarketing ads, Instagram ads, and Facebook ads.
- Here you can add five images along with description ads, choose the audience, and set the budget.
Omnisend Vs Mailchimp : Marketing Automation
There are some of the basic templates that you get when you are choosing from Omnisend
Also, these include templates for welcome emails, abandoned cart recovery as well as browse abandonment.
Here you get the automation builder, which is quite straightforward. You get all the start and end conditions related to the automation on the top box.
Each step is given so you can follow; you can also click on steps that allow for altering them.
All actions are on the left; you can click and drag to the timeline and add to the automation.
Here you get two options, either choose the email campaign or the ad campaign.
Mailchimp doesn’t allow you to get all the features into your one campaign.
Not just that, it lacks the drag-and-drop automation builder, so you get the list format, and this makes it less flexible.
However, they offer a lot of templates, including new subscriber welcome, abandoned cart recovery, birthday, loyal customer rewards, and anniversary emails.
For your social media campaign, you can create a pen and publish the same post on different social media, including Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
To understand the performance of your post, you can track its reach, impressions, shares, and links.
And all of these can be done by using the Mailchimp platform.
Omnisend Vs Mailchimp : Contacts
Omnisend offers different ways that can help in getting more subscribers, but if you want to import the contents that exist from one account to another platform
You can do that via .csv, .ods, or Xls files, or you can import it from Mailchimp.
Omnisend offers segmentation which is quite detailed, here, you can use the customer’s shopping behavior for segmentation.
For example, with this, you can identify and segment customers purchasing a certain type of product or using a discount code of some special kind.
The segmentation can be done depending on demographic, you can choose the targeted emails on the segmentation way.
Here you can add the contacts manually, capturing them using forms and importing them via .csv or .textfiles.
Also, you can import it from Zoho, google drive, and constant contact-like platforms.
Mailchimp offers a lot of options to contact management, you can do the segmentation depending on location, email engagement, demographic, etc. Also, you can tag the contacts.
They analyze past purchase behavior which helps in predicting the CLV or customer lifetime value of customers.
The customers might have the CLV low, high or moderate and with this, you can target them on certain levels and things.
Omnisend Vs Mailchimp : Form Builder
You can choose the form from omnisend which is divided into four types including.
- Popup – Customer can add their details in this pop-up form
- Wheel of fortune – It can create the signup widget which can be visible always on every page.
- Landing page – Creating landing pages is for capturing more information.
Each form is available and allows you to atomize it. They also have a premade theme from which you can choose.
You can choose a pop-up, embedded form, or signup landing page.
The form builder here is less intuitive as compared to the one you get in omnisend.
Omnisend Vs Mailchimp : Integration
Omnisend features are required to connect with e-commerce plans. Also, they have one-click integration with Woocommerce, Shopify, Shopify Plus, and big commerce.
They offer integration via APO, and it connects you to any other platform. However, it can be complex to set all things up.
Here you can also integrate with other services, including lead generation, coupon creation, segmentation platforms, and analytics.
Mailchimp offers a lot of integrations, including e-commerce platforms like BigCommerce, 3DCart, and Woocommece.
Also, they have integrated with series like ticketing and event management, social media, analysts, finance, and accounting platforms.
They also offer a mobile app, which allows the viewer to report, monitor the audience, and create the email.
Omnisend Vs Mailchimp : Analytics
You can view revenue and contacts as they are available on the dashboard. Also, here you can quickly compare the revenue from automation and campaigns.
You can also easily switch between email and SMS lists and see the growth you did.
Not just that you can see the advance reporting, which helps you in tracking, but in details.
Omnisend offers in-depth stats; this helps you in tracking the campaign and understanding which one is working better under different criteria.
With this, you can also see the campaign that worked great, as they offer you site tracking as well as behavior data for your individual campaign.
You can do tracking of the performance of the campaign using mobile and desktop apps.
This helps in getting engagement, growth, and revenue reports, allowing us to see the performance of the campaigns.
You can track emails and how it’s doing against the competitors. Also, you can compact the numbers to stats and benchmarks to appear in email reports and see what to look forward to.
You can monitor the ROI with a revenue report.
Omnisend Vs Mailchimp : Customer Support
Omnisend offers you support, and for that, you have to contact the team using email.
But you can also get the answers as they offer the knowledge base. They include the guides and articles exping how to use the Omnisend.
Also, they have blogs that are updated on a daily basis, allowing you to get more tips for free marketing.
Mailchimp offers customer services that are quite accessible with chat, email, phone, etc.
You can get in touch with them 24×7, and they offer support in all their plans.
They have a knowledge base with different animations explaining how you can use Mailchimp, and with the blogs, you get marketing tips.
What Are The Differences Between Pricing In Omnisend And Mailchimp?
Pricing is one of the important factors when you are choosing email marketing services.
However, you get different plans in both options. To understand, here is what you need to know.
Omnisend Pricing Plans
Omnisend offers four different plans in their pricing. Also, the prices depend on the number of contacts you have; this given pricing is based on 500 contacts.
Apart from this, they also offer a free trial for 14 days.
It’s divided based on the features and other services they offer.
Here is what you get :
The free plan doesn’t cost anything, it’s completely free, and you can use it for your eCommerce. It consists of features like :
- 15,000 emails per month
- Signup forms
- Boxes and pop-ups
- Email campaigns
The standard plan is the first one you get where you have to pay. It cost $16 per month, along with all the features from free plans, you get :
- Chat support and email 24/7
- Audience segmentation
- Automated workflow
- SMS campaign
- Email marketing automation
This one includes all the features you get in the standard plan. However, the Pro plan charges $99 per month.
- Advanced Reporting
- Priority support
- Google customer match
- SMS credit worth $99 per month
- Push notification
- Facebook custom audience
Unlike other options, this one is the price on request. For the pricing, you need to get in touch with the team.
As for features, it includes everything that you get in the pro plan, including
- Free SMS credits
- Facebook Messenger
- Email account migration
- Custo IP address
- Deliverability support
- Dedicated account manager
Mailchimp offers four pricing plans for its users. Prices can depend on the number of contacts, the given price is based on 500 contacts.
However, they don’t have free trials, but you can try their free plan.
This one is completely free to use, including features like :
- Custom domain
- Basic template
- 1 click automation
- 7 marketing channels
- Marketing CRM
The first pricing plan you get is if you want to update from a free plan. This one costs $9.99 per month.
Here you get all the features from the free plan, including
- A/B testing
- All email template
- Custom branding
- 24/7 award-winning support
The standard plan costs you $14.99 per month; it also has all the features of Essential plans, including
- Custom templates
- Retargeting ads
- Advanced audience insights
- Behavioral targeting automation series
The premium plan includes everything that you get in the standard plan, including
- Phone support
- Unlimited seats
- Role-based access
- Multivariate testing
- Advanced segmentation
What Are The Main Differences You Get Between Omnisend And MailChimp?
Omnisend and Mailchimp do have their own differences. However, the main ones you get include:
- Omnisend offers an SMS campaign, whereas you get a lot of choices of support in Mailchimp.
- Omnisend does not offer customer behavior analysis to estimate if they are going to purchase the product, whereas you get the service from Mailchimp.
- Omnisend doesn’t have an app for mobile, but you can get it if you choose Mailchimp.
- Omnisend doesn’t offer website builders; Mailchimp does.
- Omniscient has a marketing automation builder which integrates the different areas of planform. However, MailChimp offers social media ads and postcard ads.
- Apart from the differences, choosing one option between omnisend and Mailchimp also has its own pros and cons.
So if you are choosing the omnisend, here are the pros and cons to consider.
- Marketing automation is easy to use and can help in utilizing everything.
- The email templates have a great look.
- You get good reporting
- SMS campaigns are easy and simple to use.
- Emails are extremely easy to put together.
As for cons,
- Omnisend doesn’t offer a lot of features that you might get in Mailchimp.
- It doesn’t have more contact options in its customer service.
If you are choosing Mailchimp, here are the pros and cons to consider
- You can create emails extremely easily
- The ads on Facebook, Instagram, and google work well
- It can be handy as you can post on different social media channels just using one single platform.
- The reporting, especially to the industry standard comparison, comes with a lot of detail.
- It offers a free website builder that works great
- You can see the CLV of each of your customers, and its extremely useful
As for the cons
- Mailchimp offers automation, but it’s not as flexible or intuitive as compared to omnisend.
- You are not going to get a lot of up-to-date templates if you choose the free plan.
- MailChimp Review (2023): Features, Pricing, Pros and Cons
- Mailchimp vs AWeber: A Comparison Guide
- Omnisend Review (2023): Features, Pricing, Pros And Cons
- Mailchimp Vs Sendinblue: A Comparison Guide
- 25+ Best Email Marketing Software: Enhancing Your Business Communication
“Business, marketing, and Branding – these three words describe me the best. I am the founder of Burban Branding and Media, and a self-taught marketer with 10 years of experience. My passion lies in helping startups enhance their business through marketing, Branding, leadership, and finance. I am on a mission to assist businesses in achieving their goals.”