The fashion Industry has cutthroat competition when it comes to small and medium businesses. It is one of the world’s largest industries, separated into several product segments and classes and operated by many different types of small and big businesses.
Fashion is all about identity and creating an outside expression of who you are on the inside. And that’s exactly why branding and marketing is everything for fashion.
- How to Promote a Clothing Brand?
- Clothing Brand Marketing Ideas
- Name and Logo
- Brand Consistency
- Sponsor events
- Offers and Discounts
- Create a Powerful Clothing Label
- Celebrity Endorsements
- Advertising and Print Media Coverage
- Decide on a niche first.
- Enlist a name that remains engraved in people’s minds
- Shoot a zappy commercial for the store
- Advertise in fashion magazines
- Shoot a promotional event
- Create a website
- Market through social media
- Include your products in online retail stores
- Organize events for upcoming models
- Sponsor appropriate get-togethers
- Make a known celebrity your store ambassador.
- Offers and discounts
- Advertise through newspaper
- Speak at fashion-related events
- Attend college fests and other events
- Distribute leaflets and door hangers
- How to drive sales to the Clothing Brand business?
- How to promote your Online Fashion Store
- Design a Blog:
- Make Quality Photos of Products:
- Ready for more Customized
- Make Category as per Style and Season
- Add Filter on your Site
- Market products as per Color Trend
- Start a Contest
- Make Catalogue Videos on YouTube
- Announce deals and Discounts
- Put Share But on the Website
- Create a Social Media Page Social Media
- Pin Trendy Clothes Photo on Pinterest
- Start Ad on Facebook
- Use Email Marketing Better
- Design Responsive Website
- Use Google Shopping
- Register in Google Business
- How to drive up the sales of your Online fashion business
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Fashion Business to Grow and get details
- Similar Posts:
How to Promote a Clothing Brand?
Make an eye-catching logo that constitutes an essential part of the brand identity to grab the attention of customers and fashion freak clients.
- Put on hoardings at different places in your local area to introduce your fashion business.
- Make sure to target your visitors and customers on online fashion, clothing, and jewelry sites to sell your products.
- Make sure to design and distribute pretty business cards to get new and repeat sales.
- Tie up with other related business stores like malls, cloth stores, jewelry shops, boutiques, spa shops, and other beauty-related businesses.
- Do not forget to nurture appropriate partnerships with potential and wholesale customers to make long-term business deals.
- Make sure to create a web page to showcase your clothing and jewelry range, and the different types of crafts you are using to make your accessories.
- Do not forget to encourage your clients to give gifts and promotional presents for giving your business review.
- Do not forget to thank the referring customers for promoting your fashion business to their friends and relatives.
Clothing Brand Marketing Ideas
Building a fashion business is all about creating and marketing a brand. New marketing ideas matter a lot because, for the success of your business, it is important for your brand to stand out from the others. The lack of a proper marketing plan has led to the unexpected end of the journey of many fashion businesses.
As Paul Smith, a renowned Fashion Designer, very rightly said, “You can find inspiration in everything. If you can’t, then you’re not looking properly.” So just keep looking around and find your own brand identity that is unlike any other. While you are at it, also keep in mind these amazing marketing ideas that can be of great help for the marketing of your Fashion Brand-
Name and Logo
Customers always associate products with name, color, and experience. That name, color, and experience can be given to your products only through a remarkable Brand name and logo. Your brand name must be unique, catchy, and easy to understand.
It should also deliver the essence of your products and services. Your logo should also be along the lines of the brand name and should have a professional design blended with style and fun.
The logo is like the face of your product. It gives your business the necessary brand recognition in the market.
One of the most important aspects of marketing in the Fashion industry is to stay consistent with your brand.
As Fashion is all about creating a brand, if your customers do not identify with your brand and are not able to perceive the message and the tone of your brand; they will eventually lose interest in buying your products. Be unique, choose your style and stay consistent with it. That’s the secret!
Collaboration is a very smart way to reach out to an entirely new customer base. You will not only be attracting a new audience, but also your brand’s reach will multiply like never before.
The collaboration will give you access to a whole new customer base of another brand and that will present your brand with many opportunities during the collaboration and in the future. Very often, two Fashion Brands even collaborate and make an entirely new product! The new product not only attracts a new audience but also acts as a great marketing tool.
Example: Nike, the sports giant, collaborated with the luxury brand Louis Vuitton. Although this one’s a very surprising and unexpected collaboration, the truth is that it worked as a fantastic marketing move.
Businesses affiliated with the fashion industry must sponsor events in order to stay in the game. It could even be a small fashion show locally organized in a school or a shopping mall.
This would be a spectacular way to get your business noticed by everyone, including the local press. The point is that such an event and your brand’s name associated with it will make people aware of your brand’s existence, and we all know how significant Brand recognition really is for a Fashion Business.
Offers and Discounts
Last but not the least, promotional offers and discounts as a marketing tool are never out of ‘fashion’ in any industry. Customers always welcome discounts and offers, and more often than not, they constantly show up to check out the collection.
Make sure you have an excuse to roll out discounts and offers, like a festival, for example.
Create a Powerful Clothing Label
All Purchases decisions depend on the Image and Quality of fashion products. You need to make a brand label that helps you to sell the Product at the desired rate. This process takes time, and continuous Efforts will make it Fruitful.
You have to Create hype around your business through different events and Platforms. Inspiring banners in the Store help you to get that image which helps to sell the Product. If you love fashion, why not take the plunge by starting your own clothing line?
It’s the best way to get a huge Customer base. It requires somewhat more budget to go with a marketing idea. It’s always better if you are endorsing a Local or any Country level celebrity to promote your products.
It’s anyone who is matching with your Product style, like Athletic, Actors, Writers, businessmen, etc. The idea is quite simple: Celebrities’ fans adore them and trust their opinion and choice. Through that, your brands get more audience and buzz for your Business.
Advertising and Print Media Coverage
This is the Traditional Method of Promoting Products or Services. But by doing some creative and quirky tricks, you can get more buzz, just like newsjacking marketing.
You can get the Attention of the Audience by using hot news or a trending topic and adding your brand update on any medium. Through that, you Can have the opportunity to show your brand in front of Future Customers.
Decide on a niche first.
A fashion store will have a large variety to choose from. It may include clothing, accessories, shoes, etcetera. First, you have to decide what niche you are going to attach your store with, it is going to be all of them or anyone in particular? Marketing strategies will be based on the choice that you make.
Enlist a name that remains engraved in people’s minds
This may sound insignificant from a marketing point of view, but the fact is the more catchy a name, the more marketable it is, hence its inclusion in the list. The name should be something easy to pronounce and catchy and has to be used in every agenda so that it gets registered to the subconscious mind.
Shoot a zappy commercial for the store
A common way to market your fashion store is to get advertisements running on television in between popular shows. Shoot a commercial that is unique and reflective of the personality of the store. It should be able to capture the interest of the audience who views it.
Advertise in fashion magazines
Since it is a fashion store, you have to be an obvious inclusion in a fashion magazine. Once you get coverage in a reputed fashion booklet, more people will recognize and acknowledge you, and the credibility of the store will also increase. Plus, it is common leisure to browse through fashion magazines in free time, and advertising here could become a sort of advantage.
Shoot a promotional event
This marketing strategy is after if your fashion store is new and hasn’t gained ground yet. You could hire a photographer to shoot people, preferably models, wearing clothes or accessories from your fashion store, which can be used for display later. These images are going to be your go-to material for promotion.
Create a website
Coming to the digital side of marketing, once you have a fashion store, you compulsorily need to have a website. It should contain the details about the store, the kind of materials used, the inspiration sought, the designers working for it, etcetera.
The website should not be too complicated and be easy to navigate. If need be, you can throw in the option to place online orders as well.
Social media has a global outreach which may actually be a boon for you. Create pages in almost all social media applications that people are hooked to all the time and make sure it gets exposure by asking people to share the link in return of discounts and rewards.
You could also launch a part of the advertisement through social media. This marketing strategy will work wonders.
Include your products in online retail stores
You have to include your fashion store in the online rental portal to increase your sale. It is a common culture these days to shop for everything online, mainly because of the convenience and the ability to go through a lot of options and choose. Therefore, include your products in these portals and also arrange for deliveries if someone places the orders.
Organize events for upcoming models
Since fashion and modeling are somewhat synonymous, you could organize fashion walks or events for upcoming models. They will not only advertise your product but will also make the people looking out for new talent to know where the pool is.
Sponsor appropriate get-togethers
For get-togethers and events that are fashion-related or anything along the same lines, look for sponsors, and maybe your fashion store can become one. You have to make a part investment in the event, and in return, they will display banners and posters, doing the advertising for you.
Make a known celebrity your store ambassador.
This may seem like a heavy investment, but once your business starts running, it is definitely going to be worth it. You don’t necessarily have to get involved with a bigshot celebrity; go for an uprising one or one that connects with the audience well.
The point is, people are inspired by the wardrobe and fashion sense of celebrities, and once they know that it is from your store, they will want to emulate and flock to your place.
Offers and discounts
If you feel that the pricing of the products in your store is a little high and that is a reason you are refraining from making a purchase, you can increase its marketability simply by giving discounts on the price.
You could also come up with offers like buy two and get one free or buy to get 50% off. The number of flocking to your store after seeing these offers will automatically increase.
Advertise through newspaper
Suppose anyone tells you that the orthodox method of advertising has become null and void could not be more wrong. Newspapers still hold a lot of value in getting new customers and generating more revenues, and you should use them to advertise your store as well.
This is the best way to make yourself known in the fashion-related community and add more credibility to your store. People will notice you more and, consequently, your business. You can slip in a word or two about your fashion store as well in between
Attend college fests and other events
Fashion is most explored during college days, and it is probably a good idea to tap into that enthusiasm and curiosity.
The best way to market your store to youngsters is to project yourself as a significant venture in college fests and events. This will ensure that the young crowd becomes aware of your store.
Distribute leaflets and door hangers
Last but not the least, print leaflets and door hangers which will contain all the necessary contents of your store. It should be self-explanatory and simple and you should design it in a way that even a common man can understand what it is about.
How to drive sales to the Clothing Brand business?
- Make sure to share your promotions on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Distribute pamphlets and advertise nice flyers and put them around town and communal areas.
- Make sure to highlight seasonal fashion trends and go live on your website or YouTube for increased publicity exposure among new customers.
- Make sure to give special sales during holidays, the festive season, and seasonal sales to increase the volume of your sale.
- Advertise your fashion business by gifting your professional brand printed calendars, brushes, and gift boxes to visitors and your professional distributors.
- Do not forget to share useful tips and tricks about fashion, beauty, and body care on your professional social website to be cached in the eye of interested customers and visitors.
- Make sure to announce participation support in media through television and radio advertisements for brand awareness and publicity exposure and increase sales to your fashion business.
- Do not forget to work on the feedback and review given by your expert clients and customers.
- Make sure to provide the services like free home delivery, online purchasing, and other customer comfort services.
But always remember that at the end of the day the success of your brand will depend on your confidence and passion for your business. One of the greatest apparel designers, Coco Chanel, famously said “I don’t do fashion. I am fashion.” I end the blog on this note.
How to promote your Online Fashion Store
- The targeted audience must know about your business. So putting up signboards in plenty to let people know about your business will serve the purpose of promoting it.
- Local distributors are of great use when it comes to promoting your business. Try to collaborate with them to promote your business fast.
- Business directories are extremely powerful in promoting a business. So make sure that you have got yourself listed in the business directories.
- Having a unique name for your business will certainly make the process of promoting your business easier. Think of a unique name and ease up the process.
- An amazing logo for your business will certainly be catchy for the targeted audience. Design a logo as soon as possible, and you will move a step ahead.
Fashion marketing helps in establishing communication with the consumer of fashion products. The fashion industry’s offline marketing is starting to slow down. And this means we need to push extra harder to make a difference in the fashion industry. Making grow a business in the fashion industry is often a life of hard work, long hours, sweat, and tears.
In order to compete with large online fashion businesses, we need to market the small fashion business online. Social media is the largest and most popular weapon to market your businesses.
Design a Blog:
Design a blog or website for online viewers and even you can have an online shopping option if possible. Design a brand logo that is quite creative and eye-catching. In the fashion industry, looks are everything. So, give a fashionable look to your logo.
Stick to the brand name. Do not forget to update your blog now and then with new collections. The website/blog will give the brand image to the fashion business.
There are so many vendors who take the help of online blogs to market it effectively, such as ‘fashion-bombay.com’ and ‘styleinked.com,’ where they try to convince the customers of their products in a unique way.
Make Quality Photos of Products:
Looks are more important to advertise fashion products. Help your customers with some posts on styling tips and techniques. Post some pictures of matching styles, a dress with matching footwear, and other matching accessories. Make sure your store has it all. It is not at all a good idea to post a fashion product as it is.
Appoint a model to showcase your products with quality photography. This will give a great impression on your brand products, whether it is simple or fashionable. Everything looks good on a beautiful model.
Ready for more Customized
Customize the apparel according to the latest trend. Maybe some are movie freaks, or cartoon freaks, slogan freaks, or saying freaks. There should be something for everyone. Try to Post on Pinterest and Facebook to get more buzz from the desired Customers.
Make Category as per Style and Season
Categorize the styles according to the season. The morning wear, nightwear, day party, or night party, there should be something easily available with matching accessories too.
Add Filter on your Site
Make sure all simple, as well as more fashionable products, are in, some low cost to high cost so that it is easier for the customers to choose one from them. If Customers are willing to buy any Specific Product in their Budget, then they can Filter and Choose the Best as per their Choice.
Market products as per Color Trend
Be ready for the moment what the Customer loves. You Can Choose the Specific Color for the Certain Period and Start Marketing Such Colored Cloth to Certain People. That, you can Engage More Customers and Get your Product Visibility. So you need to Ride the Color of the Day Trend.
Start a Contest
Everybody Loves the Contest. Winning is a new Kind of Joy for the Winner. If you are Arranging a Contest about your Products and a chance to win exciting prizes, this is definitely a great move to make people take notice of your brand.
Make Catalogue Videos on YouTube
Make catalog videos of Your Different Products, put them on YouTube, and share them on other social media. You can go to a Different Video Platform site to get more eyes on your Products.
Announce deals and Discounts
Announce offers and discounts through Different social media pages, which will fetch you more customers. The offers and discounts should compete with the brand’s online shopping carts.
For Your user’s convenience, include social share buttons such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, WhatsApp, etc., on your website. This will give quick access for the users to share your fashion products instantly with their friends.
Create a Social Media Page Social Media
Create your own social media page on Facebook to promote your fashion products among Facebook users. Invite friends to like and review your page. Make sure you give out a good description and website link of your fashion business.
Pin Trendy Clothes Photo on Pinterest
Pin your favorite Trendy Clothes Images to the Pinterest Account; Through that, you can achieve more sales for your Fashion Business. Don’t forget to add your contact detail in the images. So they can contact you.
Start Ad on Facebook
When a new collection is added to your fashion store, do not forget to advertise on social media just as Facebook, Instagram, etc. Keep sharing your products on Instagram and tray to grab more Attention from the Desire Customers.
Use Email Marketing Better
Email Marketing is where you can get more Followers and Sells. Well and Quality List of desired email IDs and ed. Make a list of email addresses of your customers and update them through it when a new product has been added.
Design Responsive Website
Create a powerful Website that helps you to get more Awareness. Your website needs to look professional and showcase what your shop has to offer new members. You can customize the designs according to your customer’s needs. Ask for suggestions on social media for customized styles.
Use Google Shopping
Use Google shopping to market the fashion brands. Google shopping has customer matches, shopping ads on image search, showcasing shopping ads, and a currency conversion tool.
Register in Google Business
Google My Business is a tool for website owners to manage their online presence across Google, including search and Map. It not only helps you to get More Views but also helps users to find you.
The main goal of online marketing is to increase sales by drawing the attention of potential customers around the world. There are no limits to marketing the products digitally. Day by day, fashion trends are changing, and coping with those, our products need to be updated. Focus on the customers, competitors, their needs, and the remarks.
How to drive up the sales of your Online fashion business
- Social media will prove itself to be your best friend as long as driving up sales is concerned. Make use of social media creatively, and experience sales are rising up significantly.
- Paid platforms for advertisements, such as newspapers and television channels, will ensure that more people know about your business. Eventually, the sales will go up.
- Setting the price of the products must be done appropriately because this is the most important factor in determining sales.
- Offering discounts in plenty on the products at regular intervals will attract the customers towards buying from you. Resultantly, sales will rise.
- The reviews from some of the renowned personalities from the glamour world will help to build trust among the customers, and they will start buying from you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Fashion Business to Grow and get details
Is there tough competition in the Fashion business?
Yes of course. Think of the brand’s users buy when they come back to you. What makes it so attractive to you? Why did you loyalize these brands? In the end, that’s how you want people to feel about your jacket, so consumers constantly have enduring success.
Read the brands that inspire you and try to imitate the best of their qualities, avoiding obvious errors. The world of fashion is huge and make sure you do a thorough investigation before you plan your own clothing. It is all about seeing where you fit.
What is your USP (Unique Selling Point)?
What’s your USP i.e., the unique selling point? Can you compress the essence of the fashion brand into a single sentence or an image? If you can’t, your mind is not yet ready. The only way to succeed in this crowded market is to do something no one else does.
This facilitates the marketing of your clothing and makes it less competitive in a smaller area. If you are’ t not sure about the USP just yet, think about your personal passions.
How many insights do you have into a place, a subculture, or perhaps an aesthetic that you really can offer to your fashion brand? Undoubtedly it’s your sense of style, your motivation, and your business sense that are looking to complete your line apart.
How to know about the Target audience?
That is your first and most important question. What do you see wearing them when you close your eyes and imagine what clothes you are going to make? Whom do you see wearing them? Are they high-fashioned or casual?
The more focused and successful your brand will be, the better you know your target audience. The only way to survive is to learn exactly what you are doing in this dynamic industry.
- A Guide to Start A Clothing Brand From Scratch (In 2022)
- Top 50 Shopify Fashion Stores to Start your own
- 198+ Catchy Fashion Store Bio For Social Media
- Top 50 Shopify Baby Stores to Start Your Own
- Top 50 Shopify Shoe Stores to Start Your Own
I am a certified and awarded marketing expert. I’ve spent the last decade reading and writing marketing books and blogs as well as my articles helps people to start their business from scratch or boost their existing business.